Monday, July 20, 2020

Do Taxes and Greater Police Funding Reduce Crime?



In a few episodes of Tim Pool's podcast, he's recently mentioned how Trump saved New York by making the city more appealing to the wealthy, thus expanding the tax base, and increased police funding, which in turn reduced crime. While that may be part of the story, I have a tendency to agree with economists who oppose the assumption that greater taxation and police funding cause reduction in crimes.

In my rant, I touch on several subjects that are somewhat related to crime, such as the drug war and alcohol prohibition, and the 2014 study commissioned by the Obama administration to study gun ownership's relation to crime.

Note: I promise, I don't have anything against Tim Pool. I quite like his show and listen to it daily, which also means that he happens to be a major source of topics for me to discuss, whether I agree or disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banished From the Hero's Party ep.4 - Public vs Private Services, Healthcare, Subjective Value, and Voluntary Exchange

    In this episode I go over episode 4 of Banished From the Hero's Party, discussing topics such as Public vs Private services, the ...