Tuesday, January 26, 2021

EPI on the Minimum Wage

Note: About 20 minutes in I say that the demand for labor is lower because it's lower priced, but I meant to say it's lower because the price is higher.

Today, I saw a meme from the EPI (Economic Policy Institute) about the minimum wage, which is so old, I recall having seen it back around 2012 or 2013. This was before I had ever learned anything about economics, or ever considered myself a libertarian, and I remember, even back then, thinking that this meme immediately struck me as incorrect.

I decided to examine that meme again, due to it circulated again.

Here is the BLS data that I used for comparison: https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2019/home.htm

 Here is the table for the age data:


 

Here is the meme I am referencing:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Banished From the Hero's Party ep.4 - Public vs Private Services, Healthcare, Subjective Value, and Voluntary Exchange

    In this episode I go over episode 4 of Banished From the Hero's Party, discussing topics such as Public vs Private services, the ...