Wednesday, January 27, 2021

"Gamestonk" and Short Selling

 

In this episode I wanted to discuss the "Gamestonk" situation.

Specifically I wanted to talk about "Short Selling" a stock, and the effects it might have on the stock market as well as a business' finances, both positive and negative, because I think that the general perception that short selling is negative is incorrect.

 That, however, is not to say that I am opposed to what WallStreetBets did. I don't know enough about the situation with the Gamestop stock, or what hedge funds were doing. I'm merely commenting on short selling, and its market effects, as I understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banished From the Hero's Party ep.4 - Public vs Private Services, Healthcare, Subjective Value, and Voluntary Exchange

    In this episode I go over episode 4 of Banished From the Hero's Party, discussing topics such as Public vs Private services, the ...